everyday's tidbits

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Gift from Universal Music and Wartajazz



I am ecstatic! Yesterday I received a gift from Universal Music Indonesia and Wartajazz. The gift is Jazz Paradise CDs (Rp 450.000,00 worth), consists of 6 CDs with different cover colors: Blue, Green, White, Red, Yellow, and Violet. These CDs were released in January 2006, in the anticipation of Jakarta International Java Jazz Festival March 2006). I already listened to 2 CDs:

White Paradise, contained Vocal Jazz by great female voices such as Laura Fygi (I love her gritty voice), Diana Krall, Dinah Washington, Astrud Gilberto, Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Ruth Cameron, Silje Nergaard, Etta James, Shirley Horn, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Blossom Dearie, Anita O'Day, and Teri Thornton. Except for Laura Fygi and Diana Krall, I am not really into vocal jazz.

Yellow Paradise, contained Paul Jackson Jr, Kool & The Gang, Mezzoforte, Beady Belle, Incognito, Swing Out Sister, Chiara Civello, Brian McKnight, D'Sound, Mindi Abair, Joyce Cooling, Matt Bianco, Omar, Michael McDonald, Action Figure Party. I am only familiar with Kool & the Gang, Mezzoforte, and Incognito.


I will write again about this in the near future, after I listened closely to all the CDs.

0 Comments:

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home